What a nice way to treat yourself on a hot August day! Sorbet!
This recipe has only 4 ingredients (not counting water), and is easy to make. It takes about 2 hours to let it freeze in order for the recipe to set, however. So if you’re planning on making these for some guests, do it somewhat ahead of time.
Disclaimer: this recipe is a proper sorbet recipe, and it is a DESSERT! Enjoy it! If you want the healthiest option, just eat a mango instead! Actually, putting mango cubes into the freezer for about 20 minutes makes a very delicious bite-sized snack.
What you’ll need:
- 2 cups (500 mL) of ripe mangoes, diced;
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) of granulated sugar;
- 1/2 cup of other fruit juice, unsweetened (optional, only for added flavour. Some examples of juice that can be used are pineapple, orange, grape or pomegranate);
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) of water;
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) of lemon juice;
- Some lemon zest (about 1 tsp or 5 mL).
- Bring water and sugar to a boil in a medium saucepan, stir until sugar has completely dissolved. Take off the stove and let cool.
- In a blender or food processor, blend mangoes, juice (if you choose to do so), lemon juice, lemon zest and the sugar syrup we made previously, until it is at a purée consistency.
- Freeze purée in a metal mold for a couple of hours, until it has hardened.
- Blend purée once more until it is at a sorbet consistency and store in the freezer until serving time.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe, and until next time! Remember, everything in moderation is always key. On one hand, we need to be our best and healthiest selves, and on the other hand, we only live life once! Nutrition doesn’t mean eating healthy all the time. We’re human, we have to indulge every once in a while! A few scoops of sorbet won’t do any harm if you eat healthy most of the time.
Thank you for all the love,