Ever find yourself in a time crunch to make dinner? Perhaps having guests over for dinner and have no idea what to make? Lucky for us, this dish is as classy as it is easy for any dinner. In fact, fish takes less time to cook than meat or poultry!
What you’ll need:
- Salmon filets, as many as you need, or as many you can fit in half a pan;
- Asparagus (as many servings as you need), stems cut off.
What to do:
- Line your pan with parchment paper to avoid your food from sticking to it;
- Marinate and season your salmon and asparagus with your favourite seasoning. The good thing about salmon or asparagus is that you don’t necessarily need to let it soak in the marinade, although doing so usually increases the flavour when cooking. If you have time to let your ingredients marinate, place in Ziploc bag with marinade for about 20mins to an hour in the fridge.
My go-to marinade recipe: (1) drizzle the ingredients with olive oil (about 15 mL or a tbsp per salmon filet), (2) a drizzle of lemon juice (about 15 mL or a tbsp per salmon filet), (3) a sprinkle of salt & pepper, to taste.**Fun fact: drizzling lemon juice on greens such as asparagus will keep them green when cooking because of the acidity!
- Place your salmon filets & asparagus in the same pan. Cook for about 15 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit if salmon is defrosted when entering the oven, or 18-20 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit if salmon is frozen when entering the oven.
If you’re worried about using filets that are bigger than average, cut in half at the end of cooking time to make sure it’s well done. If not, cook for 1 more minutes. Don’t overcook or your salmon will dry out!
- Serve and enjoy!!