Summer might have started a while ago, but I live in Canada. Up until a few weeks ago, it was super gloomy and sticky. It is just starting to feel like summer here. What better way to celebrate summer than with cocktails by the pool!
1. Peach & Strawberry Sangria
Start by slicing up your peaches.
In a pitcher, add:
- 1 cup peaches, sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh or unsweetened orange juice
- 1 bottle of white wine or sparkling wine
- 1/2 a lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp honey (optional)
Stir well and chill. Add raspberries upon serving.
2. Frozen Berry Cocktail
In a blender, blend:
- 1 cup mixed ripe berries (blueberries, raspberries & blackberries)
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 100 mL silver tequila (about 3 oz)
- A handful of ice cubes
- 75 mL of orange juice, fresh or unsweetened
Garnish with fresh berries, lime wedge, and/or orange zest
Not gonna lie, I’ve seen this name somewhere. But here’s my recipe for this banana & coconut mousse cocktail. In a blender, blend:
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 oz Malibu Coconut Rum
- 1/2 cup cream of Coconut (will give the drink a more mousse-ey texture)
- a handful of ice cubes
4. Watermelon Lemonade
I have a recipe of this up on the blog already. All you have to do is add an ounce of white rum per glass, and you have your cocktail ready to go! For the recipe, click here.
Hope you enjoyed today’s post, and are enjoying summer, obviously!