Per portion of pasta (about 8 ounces or 200g) of your choosing:
- 1 clove garlic;
- 1 cup fresh basil;
- 1/4 cup de-shelled pistachios (can be substituted for walnut or pine nuts);
- 1/4 cup parmesan or Romano cheese, grated. Can be removed or substituted with sun-dried tomatoes or nutritional yeast for a vegan option;
- salt & pepper, to taste;
- 1 tsp of lemon juice;
- extra-virgin olive oil.
How to make it:
- Start cooking pasta of your choosing in a pot, in boiling water. Drain when cooked;
- While pasta is cooking, put garlic, basil, pistachios, cheese (or cheese substitute), salt, pepper, lemon juice in a food processor or blender. Process until it is at an even consistency;
- Drizzle in extra-virgin olive oil in the food processor or blender until it is of a thick (and not too runny) sauce consistency;
- Combine pasta and pesto sauce in the pot until pasta is evenly coated;
Hope you’re all having an amazing day!